I’ve always loved blueberry muffins! They’re so delicious, perfect to eat on the go, and remind me of my childhood. The problem with most muffins is that they contain SO MUCH SUGAR! I’ve also noticed that a lot of “blueberry muffins”, don’t actually contain real blueberries. Weird, right?
With this being said, I had to create a recipe that was healthier and gluten free! These muffins are such a tasty treat, bursting with fresh blueberries in every bite. They aren’t overly sweet, which is how I prefer them! These muffins are perfect to make this time of year, since blueberries are in season and on sale.
If you end up trying out my recipe, take a picture and tag me on Instagram or Pinterest @xoxomorganllc. Enjoy!
HEALTHY, GLUTEN FREE BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
What you’ll need:
2 cups rolled oats, blended or processed into a fine oat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup nonfat, plain greek yogurt
1/4 cup coconut sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 and 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
Aluminum lined cupcake holders
1. Combine your oats, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Make sure your oats are processed into a flour consistency.
2. Whisk together your eggs, greek yogurt, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract in a larger bowl.
3. Gently mix your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients.
4. Fold in your fresh blueberries. Make sure to remove any stems on the fruit.
5. Line a muffin tin with aluminum lined cupcake holders. The aluminum lined muffin tins work best for this recipe, because the greek yogurt is very sticky.
6. Bake your muffins for 16-18 minutes in a 350 degrees oven. This recipe should allow for 12 muffins.
7. Allow to cool and enjoy! After the muffins have completely cooled, I recommend storing them in the refrigerator since they have a decent amount of greek yogurt in them. Before serving, allow the muffins to come to room temperature or warm them up in the oven/microwave!