There are a few things you should know about me…
1. I have a thing for dark chocolate.
2. I mostly eat a gluten free and dairy free diet, due to stomach sensitivities.
3. I love to bake, but I hate feeling guilty about indulging in a sweet treat.
If you’re anything like me, than this brownie recipe will SAVE you! Not only is this recipe delicious, but you seriously don’t have to feel bad about treating yourself. My recipe contains half of the amount of sugar as regular brownies, AND is free of wheat, gluten, butter, and oil. If you’re in the mood for a sweet, fudgy, and chocolatey treat- I’ve got you covered.
GLUTEN FREE, GRAIN FREE, AND REDUCED GUILT CHOCOLATE CHUNK BROWNIES
What you’ll need:
3/4 cup cacao powder (not to be mistaken with cocoa powder)
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp instant coffee
1/4 cup almond butter
2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 tbsp cane sugar or maple syrup
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together your wet ingredients (almond butter, eggs, applesauce, vanilla, and sugar).
2. In a separate bowl, combine your dry ingredients (cacao powder, almond flour, baking powder, salt, and instant coffee).
3. Add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients, and mix thouroughly.
4. Gently fold in your dark chocolate chips.
5. Grease an 8″x 8″ pan with nonstick spray, and bake your brownies in a 350 degrees oven for 15-20 minutes.
6. Allow to cool and dig in! I love serving these with some fresh strawberries.